Bramble & Holly Ltd., trading as Juchter van Bergen Quast, is a boutique international law firm, focusing on alternative dispute resolution in digital commerce and on startup advice.
The director of the firm is Rudolph Andries Ulrich JUCHTER VAN BERGEN QUAST, Esq., lawyer and Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society. He is the honorary president of the Family Association of the Barons von Quast (Familienverband der Freiherren von Quast), a Swiss Verein. Juchter van Bergen Quast is a Descendant member of the Society of the Friends of St George’s and Descendants of the Knights of the Garter (College of St George, Windsor Castle).
- Right of audience. Astana International Financial Centre Court. The AIFC Court provides a common law court system based on the norms and principles of English law in Eurasia. It operates to the highest international standards to resolve civil and commercial disputes in the AIFC.
- Regulator. Associate member, Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx). The CILEx works closely with Government and the Ministry of Justice and is recognised in England and Wales as one of the three core approved regulators of the legal profession alongside barristers and solicitors. CILEx (associate) members are regulated through an independent body, CILEx Regulation.
- Legal competence. University of London, certificate English Common Law (2018), Course taught by Prof. Adam Gearey; Netherlands Bar Association – Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten, Bar examination to practice law in The Netherlands (2013); Flemish Bar Council – Orde van Vlaamse Balies, Professional competence examination to practice law in Belgium (2012); Erasmus University Rotterdam, Master of Laws (1991).
- Legal experience. President, Court of Arbitration of the European Chamber of Digital Commerce (2019-); Lawyer with a focus on international financial law (2016-); Dutch attorney (advocaat), Bar of the Supreme Court of The Netherlands (2008-2016).
- Legal honor. Named one of the 2008 New York State Bar Association’s Empire State Counsel.
- Main interests. international law and finance, arbitration, nobiliary law.
- Favourite quote. “It seems to me that most of the economic principle proposals that are embodied in laws are from law school people who probably read economics.” (Prof. Robert J. Shiller, Sterling Professor of Economics at Yale University; transcript of the course Financial Markets 2017; lecture: The Importance of Financial Theory).